Modus Plant-Based Protein Powder, 41.4 oz Tub (20 Servings)
Brand: Modus Nutrition
- 30G OF PROTEIN IN EACH SERVING WITH 7G OF BCAAs: Modus is the first plant-based protein that exceeds whey in terms of total protein content and BCAA (branch chain amino acid) content. Not only does our protein contain all essential amino acids, the amino acid profile is specifically calibrated for athletic performance with a focus on BCAAs, arginine, tyrosine, glycine, lysine and proline.
- PUMPKIN SEED, POTATO AND CRANBERRY PROTEIN: Modus contains none of the low quality plant proteins that our competitors often use as fillers, like soy, pea, or rice protein. We used the highest quality plant-based proteins available and created a proprietary blend that still has all of benefits of being plant-based while being better than whey and casein for athletes.
- THREE PHASES OF PROTEIN ABSORPTION: We engineered Modus to absorb over three phases to optimize for muscle growth and repair. A proprietary bolus of BCAAs and supporting amino acids is absorbed in the minutes immediately after consumption to spark the muscle synthesis process, then 22g of protein is absorbed over 15 - 20 minutes to fuel muscle growth and repair, then finally 8g of protein is absorbed over 3 hours to prevent muscle catabolism.
- KETOGENIC AND PALEO FRIENDLY: Each serving contains less than 1g of sugar, but also contains 3.5 grams of healthy fat per serving from pumpkin seed and MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) that help suppress blood lactate, allowing for longer duration of exercise before perceived muscle fatigue and provide a fat-based energy source for the body.
- ADVANTAGES OF BEING PLANT-BASED: Each serving also naturally contains antioxidants, 9g of fiber, zinc, magnesium, manganese, iron. Naturally gluten-free, soy-free, dairy free, grain free. It's designed specifically to be highly digestible and absorbable, and even contains the plant based enzyme bromelain to assist in the digestion process.
Legal Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Details: Modus Protein is the first NSF Certified for Sport plant-based performance protein originally designed to replace whey and casein for professional athletes. Since our launch, we've been used in the locker rooms of some of the top athletic teams in the world, including teams in the MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL.
AMINO ACID PROFILE CALIBRATED FOR PERFORMANCE
- Branch Chain Amino Acids are the essential ingredient for muscle synthesis: With 7g per serving, Modus provides more BCAAs than even whey. BCAAs stimulate protein synthesis, but also reduce the rate of muscle catabolism.
- Arginine improves your athletic performance: Arginine activates the mTOR signaling pathway which activates muscle synthesis, while also increasing blood flow and oxygenation to the muscles, thus increasing performance and reducing fatigue.
- Tyrosine helps increase your reaction time: Tyrosine is a precursor to the catecholamines DOPA, dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine in the nervous system, fostering faster muscle twitch response.
- Lysine, Proline and Glycine are the building blocks for collagen. We tend to focus too much on muscle growth, not our joints and connective tissue, which are essential in order to prevent injury. Proline, lysine and glycine are the building blocks for collagen, which is essential for your joints and connective tissue.
WHY NOT WHEY?
Many people have dietary sensitivities to whey or milk proteins and may not even know it. You may experience it in the form of gastrointestinal upset, like a feeling of gassiness or bloatedness.
Dietary sensitivity can also lead to an inflammatory immune response, which can manifest as gastrointestinal complaints (stomach distention, constipation, diarrhea, flatulence, cramping). All of this leads to poor digestion and absorption of the protein, which then affects your body's ability to grow and repair muscle.
We Also Recommend